From orchids to potatoes and from exotic gingers to native wild flowers, I’m a passionate gardener.
With plants from all around the world, my house and garden is testament to a life-long obsession with growing things. Inspired by the keen gardeners in my family – especially my grandmother and my mum – I’m happiest when I have my hand in some soil.
As with many gardeners, some groups of plants have a particular appeal and fascination for me. These include:
- Orchids, especially tropical slipper orchids, hardy orchids and scented orchids
- Exotic hardy gingers such as Hedychium and Roscoea
- Insect-eating pitcher plants
- Ferns, particularly large ones such as royal fern and tree ferns
- Scented plants such as honeysuckle, lilies and daphne